The Allurion Program Demonstrates Significant Weight Loss in Findings Unveiled During the 25th World IFSO Congress
The findings highlight the efficacy and safety of the Allurion Balloon, the world’s 1st and only procedureless* gastric balloon
NATICK, Mass. - Allurion, a company dedicated to ending obesity, today announced results from eight key abstracts, unveiled during the 25th World Congress of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO).
“All of the worldwide data reported in the abstracts demonstrates the potential that the Allurion Program has in providing consumers with long-term and sustainable results,”
Says Dr. Shantanu Gaur, founder and CEO of Allurion.
The abstracts examine results from the Allurion Program—featuring the Allurion Balloon (also known as the Elipse Balloon), the world’s first and only procedureless* medical device for weight loss—and show significant reductions in weight and visceral fat mass in patients who have used the balloon for weight loss. These studies demonstrate that the Allurion Program may allow patients to maintain up to 95% of their weight loss one year after Balloon passage. In addition, the Allurion Program may have a direct impact on patients living with prediabetes and diabetes, allowing patients in both groups, on average, to lower hemoglobin A1c values to the normal range.
“Additionally, this data indicates that consumers can achieve life-changing results without needing to undergo surgery, endoscopy or anesthesia.”
The Allurion Balloon received its European Union CE mark in 2015 and is currently available at more than 600 weight loss centers in countries across Europe, the Middle East, South America, India and Australia.
“Collectively, these studies highlight the safety, effectiveness, and versatility of the Allurion Program,”
Says Dr. Roberta Ienca of Clinica Nuova Villa Claudia in Rome, Italy, lead author of two abstracts presented at IFSO.
“As obesity rates continue to rise around the world, a balloon that does not require surgery, endoscopy, or anesthesia has the potential to be a first-line weight loss option and help decrease concomitant conditions, such as diabetes, which can often accompany obesity.”
“The clinical data unveiled by Allurion during IFSO 2022 is reflective of the increasing demand for our product around the world,”
Says Benoit Chardon, Executive Vice President Commercial for Allurion.
“The Allurion Balloon provides my patients with a primary weight loss tool and an alternative to weight loss surgery,”
adds Dr. Roberta Ienca. “These results emphasize how the Allurion Program can deliver both short and long-term results that meet their expectations.”
“We have nearly doubled the number of patients treated in the past year and have created a reputation for clinical results that providers and patients can trust.”
The abstracts include
- «Elipse Gastric Balloon System for Weight Loss: Short and Long-Term Multicenter Results in 509 Patients after Balloon Treatment, and 1 Year after Balloon Passage.»
Author: Roberta Ienca
- «Allurion Gastric Balloon Program is an Emerging Novel Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes and Prediabetes.»
Author: Roberta Ienca
- «Analysis of Weight and Body Composition Variations 6 months After the Digestible Intragastric Balloon (IGB) Elipse™ in 105 Patients. An Ecuadorian Experience.»
Author: Napoleon Salgado Macias
- «Outcomes of a Swallowable Intragastric Balloon (Elipse™) on 96 Overweight and Obese Patients.»
Author: Mahmoud Abdelaal
- «Swallowable intragastric Balloon for the Treatment of Obesity – A Brazilian Case Series.»
Author: Eduardo Grecco
- «Swallowable Intragastric Balloon Placement and Follow-Up Using Ultrasonographic Imaging - Case Report.»
Author: Thiago Ferreira de Souza
- «Is The Procedureless Gastric Balloon Effective? A Study Examining The Effect Of The Swallowable Intragastric Balloon By Allurion On Body Composition At 4, 6 And 12 Months Of Follow-up After Ingestion. An Ecuadorian Experience.»
Authors: N. Salgado, K. Duque, K. Vega, A. Navarrete.
- «Elipse Balloon Experience With A Multidisciplinary Team In A Pandemic.»
Authors: N. Van Niekerk, J. Barros, D. Cifuentes, S. Jimenez
Allurion named “Champion Partner” of the World Obesity Federation and official sponsor of World Obesity Day...
Allurion, a Global Leader in Weight Loss Technology, to Become Publicly Listed Through Business Combination...
Allurion Technologies’ training awarded World Obesity Federation SCOPE accreditation
- Allurion’s gold...
Company reports 444% revenue growth from 2018 to 2021 and has also been named as one of MedTech Outlook’s Top...
- The world’s first and only procedureless gastric balloon receives approval from Brazilian Health...
New Delhi, 06 Sep 2022:
Allurion, a company dedicated to ending obesity, has launched the Allurion...
- Company launches the Allurion Iris™ Artificial Intelligence Platform and introduces Success Predictor, a...
Company announces approval of the Allurion Balloon in Canada, Mexico, Australia, and India where approximately...